[Office 365 MICROSOFT 365 FREE] Alongside a free Office offering, Microsoft 365 Personal and Family target the general public, and Microsoft 365 Business and Enterprise target businesses, from SMEs to large groups.
A subscription-based version of the Office suite, Office 365 was launched in 2010. Now called Microsoft 365, this cloud offering is initially composed of an aggregate of independently developed applications, including the bricks of the historical Office: Excel, Exchange, SharePoint, Word … Over the years, Microsoft has added additional applications, such as the SkyDrive cloud storage service (since renamed OneDrive) or the Microsoft Teams collaborative messaging service. But also software from acquisitions: Skype, since integrated into Teams, and the corporate social network Yammer, for example. Since then, the publisher has embarked on a vast project to better integrate all these bricks. Office 365 has 250 million monthly active users
Is Office 365 free?
Individuals, students, SMEs, large companies and large groups, Microsoft declines Microsoft 365 in no less than fifteen packages to meet each audience. A package, entry level is free. It isOffice Online or Microsoft Online. As its name suggests, it is limited to the declination of Office applications in web mode. The program includes Outlook.com email, OneDrive and online versions of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
How to get free Microsoft Office?
To get the free version of Office, you just have to :
- Create a Microsoft account,
- Connect to Office.com,
- Open the application of your choice (Teams, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook),
- The service includes 5 GB of online storage on OneDrive.
What is the price of Microsoft Office 365?
Beyond its free version, Microsoft offers several packages of Office 365. For the general public, the publisher offers Microsoft 365 Personal at 69 euros per year for one user with 1 TB of online storage, and Microsoft 365 Family at 99 euros per year for six users and 6 TB of storage. In its business version, Microsoft 365 has an entry price of 4.20 euros per month per user.
Microsoft 365 Personal and Microsoft 365 Family
Also designed for individuals, the paid packages Microsoft 365 Personal and Microsoft 365 Family give access to all the basic building blocks of Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Money, its famous budget manager, is integrated into the Excel spreadsheet. As for Word, it is equipped with an artificial intelligence for writing assistance called Editor. Finally, PowerPoint is equipped with a design assistant and an intelligent coach to help you articulate, set your voice, or detect language tics. Including 60 minutes of Skype calls per month to landlines or mobiles, Microsoft 365 Personal and Microsoft 365 Home do not extend to the collaborative applications of the suite, such as Yammer or SharePoint, reserved for the Enterprise range.
The Microsoft 365 Personal package is designed for one person. It includes 1TB of space on the online file storage service OneDrive, and allows you to install the main software of the Office suite on a PC or a Mac. At the same time, it allows you to use their versions for iOS or Android.
The Microsoft 365 Family package is comparable in every way to Microsoft 365 Personal in terms of functional range. Unlike the latter, which is limited to a single license, it will allow you to install and use the main Office software on six PCs or Macs, with 1 TB of online storage included for each and the possibility of using the suite on iOS or Android in parallel.
For the moment offered from the Business range of Microsoft 365, the collaborative messaging Microsoft Teams could soon be included in the Personal and Family packages of the Microsoft suite. The publisher is working on a general public version of the application. Called Microsoft Teams for Home, it will allow to organize and coordinate the daily life in family and collaborate with friends. It will first be launched as a mobile application.
Microsoft 365 Business
The Microsoft 365 Business range brings together the editions of the Microsoft productivity suite tailored for SMEs. Unlike the historical Office pack, they are available in the form of packages payable annually, and are subject to regular functional updates via the Internet. Their entry price is 4.20 euros per month per user.
In addition to the basic software of the Office suite, the Microsoft 365 Business packages cover collaborative work applications, the most important of which are the team messaging system Microsoft Teams, the enterprise content management portal SharePoint and the professional messaging system Exchange.
Microsoft 365 Enterprise
Unlike G Suite (the former Google Apps), Microsoft 365 has managed to make its mark on the field of large companies. In this respect, the suite has attracted a large majority of CAC40 groups (80%). Why is that? Because unlike Google’s offer, which is limited to web mode (or SaaS), Microsoft 365, in its Business and Enterprise versions, offers both applications in pure web mode, with Office Online, and in the form of software to be installed on the computer. A freedom that large groups appreciate, and which gives them the flexibility necessary for their vast organization.
In recent years, Microsoft has continued to develop the collaborative aspect of Office 365. Several bricks have been added to meet the emergence of new uses in this area:
Microsoft Teams . Teams offers an alternative to the team messaging tool Slack. Like Slack, the application allows you to create thematic or project-based chat threads, via which it is possible to exchange, share documents and receive alerts. Within Microsoft 365, the video conferencing tool Skype for Business is now integrated with Teams.
Yammer. Acquired by Microsoft in 2012, the brick enriches Office 365 with a corporate social network. Its integration took time. In 2017, it was integrated into the management of collaborative groups of the suite. Since then, Yammer has been introduced into Teams as an extension called Communities. It allows you to interact with the social network from the team messaging.
- is a development environment for applications without code. Offered within the Microsoft 365 Enterprise Apps, E3 and E5 packages, it allows you to manage data visualization via Power BI as well as create workflows with Power Apps or robotic process automation through Power Automation.
At the same time, Microsoft has begun to inject AI capabilities into Microsoft 365. These include Word, which now includes several features based on machine learning: style assistant, content creation (read the article: Artificial intelligence invades Office 365 and G Suite).
Office 365 PBX
Communication is another priority of Microsoft with Office 365. Launched in late 2015, the Mictosoft 365 E5 package (formerly Office 365 E5) introduces a cloud PBX service, based on Teams, tailored to manage the telephony of a company. It also integrates a feature to manage calls and conference calls through a traditional telephony system (PSTN). With this new string to its bow, Microsoft is competing with telecom equipment manufacturers. In the wake of its “Cloud-First, Mobile-First” strategy, Microsoft is also offering a version of Microsoft 365 for iPhone and Android smartphones. A brick on which the group is investing heavily.
Microsoft 365 with the Office 365 Store
Another project initiated by Microsoft: the opening of Microsoft 365 to make it a platform on which other publishers can graft applications. In the same logic, the idea is also to facilitate the integration of the functions of the suite (in terms of communication, collaboration) to third party applications, iOS and Android. A policy that passes through the provision of development tools and APIs (the Office 365 Connectors).
It is also with this in mind that the American group has opened its Office 365 Store. Integrated with its application marketplace(the AppSource), it aims to reference all applications compatible with Microsoft 365. In parallel, Microsoft also offers a gallery of extensions and bots in Teams. In the wake of this approach, Microsoft has signed a series of partnerships aimed at integrating its suite with the offerings of other heavyweights in IT. This is the case with Salesforce, SAP or Workday.
- Office 365
Workspace vs office 365
Office 365 skydrive
Office 365 family
Office 365 problem
Office 365 Business Contact Manager
- ClickUp: an all-in-one project management tool
- Klaxoon becomes a workshop platform
- Microsoft Viva: mastering the intelligent digital workplace
- LibreOffice: the reference open source office suite
- OpenOffice: the open source office suite from the Apache Foundation
- Microsoft Forms (free): form creation according to Microsoft
- Google Forms (free): Google’s form creation tool
- Typeform (free): everything you need to know about the online form tool
- Free Doodle: how to use it to be more efficient
- WeTransfer: everything you need to know about the star file transfer service
- WeLoop: the collaborative product feedback application
- Smash (free): file transfer without limits
- RowShare: the French collaborative spreadsheet
- Pitch: everything you need to know about the collaborative presentation tool
- Canva (free): the tool to create a visual like a pro
- Figma (free): the leading collaborative design tool
- Dropbox (free): how to download and use it
- Rainbow: Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise’s unified communications platform
- Google Tables: everything you need to know about Google’s Airtable
- Notion.so (free): the all-in-one digital workplace star
- Box: mastering the cloud content management platform
- Confluence : the teamwork application from Atlassian
- OnlyOffice : the open source office suite competing with LibreOffice
- SharePoint : everything you need to know about Microsoft’s document platform
- NextCloud (free): all about the open source collaborative platform
- Jamespot: a French-style digital workplace
- LumApps: the digital workplace that integrates with Microsoft 365 and Google
- Whaller (free): the French-style corporate social network
- Symphony: the ultra-secure Slack that targets finance
- InVision: a collaborative platform for digital design
- AnyDesk (free): a virtual desktop to access your PC remotely
- Google Sheets: formula, pivot table, templates…
- Google Slides: an online presentation and slideshow tool
- Prezi: the free online presentation tool
- Google Sites: an online tool for creating websites
- Digital workplace : definition, open source solutions, from Microsoft…
- Google Docs : the word processor in SaaS mode from Google
- Word : the word processor from Microsoft
- Google Drive: how to use and download the file storage app
- Collaborative suite: definition and examples of collaborative platforms
- Oodrive : a cloud service for storing and sharing files
- Zoho : CRM, mail, writer, prices… all about the software suite
- Powerpoint : the presentation tool from Microsoft
- Excel : Microsoft’s spreadsheet program